Sunday, December 27, 2015

Grace

Several weeks, I passed through a particularly rough patch in my personal life. I was worried about the future, about my love life, about my family...it seemed everything was falling apart even though I was trying so hard to do the right thing. I was trying to be strong enough to face it all on my own and not to rely on anyone else, but I got to the point where I realized I couldn't do it on my own and needed to rely on someone else's strength. That someone ended up being God.
Over the next few weeks, as I prayed, the sorrows and pains that once stung grew less and less, and hope and joy returned to my life. In all the challenges life throws my way, I have learned I can make it through then if I rely on God's strength rather than my own. Indeed, I say: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." -Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment